Who Can Join?
We provide all the benefits of a member-owned financial institution and welcome all businesses and persons who live, work, worship, volunteer or attend school in: Wayne, Appling, Liberty, Long, Jeff Davis, Bacon, Glynn, McIntosh, Pierce, and Tattnall Counties. Make the STEP UP to Interstate Credit Union!
WHY IS BELONGING TO A CREDIT UNION CONSIDERED A MEMBERSHIP?
The term “member” in the credit union world stems from the ownership they have in the organization. Our members own a “share” in the company with their savings account. Each individual must keep $5 in their savings account at all times to remain a member.
As a full-service financial institution, the credit union:
- is a not-for-profit, member-owned cooperative, therefore any earnings we make are returned to our members in the form of lower interest rates on loans, higher dividends on deposits, and low-cost or free financial products and services.
- provides security for funds, with accounts insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration, a U.S. government agency.
- provides dependable, friendly, personalized service.
- provides access to a shared network of branches and ATMs nationwide.
- offers complimentary financial counseling, budgeting services, and financial education tools.
- offers a full array of free online banking and electronic services to fit your financial needs.